FIND LOCAL SENIOR LIVING COMMUNITIES THAT CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR ELDER CARE MATTERS
Here you can find Local Senior Living Communities that are listed on ElderCareMatters.com – America’s National Directory of Elder Care / Senior Care Resources for Families. These are licensed facilities that have years of experience helping families with their Issues of Aging. And they can help you too with your Elder Care Matters!
What is a Senior Living Community?
A Senior Living Community is housing designed for older adults who no longer want or are able to live in their own homes. Senior living communities come in all shapes and sizes and are generally classified by the levels of care that they offer, as shown below:
- Independent Living and Active Adult Communities are for those who are generally able to care for themselves. These communities do not provide healthcare, housekeeping or meal services.
- Assisted Living Communities are for those who need some assistance with activities of daily living – which includes help with bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring, continence and feeding.
- Memory Care or Alzheimer’s Care Communities are for those who are experiencing some level of dementia.
- Nursing and Long Term Care (LTC) Communities are for those with chronic illnesses or disabilities who cannot care for themselves.
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC) usually provide residents with Independent, Assisted Living and Nursing Care all on one campus.