Are there any “environments” designed to enable residents to age-in-place?

Yes.  But it depends upon where you live.  In Massachusetts there are what we call Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC’s).  A senior will enter in an independent situation (eg. their own apartment); then if needed move to an assisted living facility on the premises (or in some cases get assistance in living within their own apartment), and then, if needed there is a nursing facility component. Otherwise, each state will have certain Age-in-Place programs available to allow people to remain in their home and get care.

Some of these opportunities are simple private pay care management companies.  Others are part of state programs.  Each state is different.  If you are interested in Residents Age-in-Place in your state, you need to contact the equivalent of your Office of Elder Affairs, or an Elder Law Attorney, or Geriatric Care manager to find out what would be available to you.

Susana Lannik, Attorney at Law
Newton, Massachusetts  02458


Senior Living Environments Designed to Residents Age-in-Place? was last modified: November 24th, 2022 by Phil Sanders