Answer:  I have found that the best way to notify the VA of a change in the veteran’s eligibility status is on VA Form 21-0779, which is completed by the Nursing Home.  Also, this should be reported on the annual Eligibility Verification Report (EVR) due each year on March 1st.  This should be sent to the Pension Management Center in the region where the claim was adjudicated by either fax (keeping a copy of the fax transmittal) and/or through the mail return/receipt/requested.

Victoria L. Collier, Attorney at Law
Collier & St. Clair, LLP
Decatur, Georgia  30030

Notifying the VA of a Change in Medicaid Eligibility Status was last modified: November 25th, 2022 by Phil Sanders