Question: I have a revocable living trust. Can my son, as trustee, settle my estate without an attorney?

Answer:  Having prepared over 36,000 estate plans with over 90% involving trusts – I would recommend your son consult with an attorney for directions on how to proceed based on the assets in the trust and estate. In Florida a trust notice would need to be filed and attorneys should be hired to transfer real estate.

However, the answer to your question is “YES” but not advisable without some advice.


Joseph F. Pippen, Jr., Attorney at Law
Law Office of Joseph F. Pippen, Jr. & Associates
Largo, Florida  33771

Revocable Living Trusts – Can a Trustee Settle an Estate without an Attorney? was last modified: June 28th, 2018 by Phil Sanders