What is Estate Planning
Estate planning is a general term for written instructions that you establish during your lifetime, while you have capacity, that answer the following questions:
- Who will make health care and financial decisions for me if I become incapacitated?
- What will happen to my property, accounts and possessions I own when I die?
- Who will be in charge of ensuring that my burial wishes are followed?
- If my children lose both of their parents while they are minors, who will have priority to care for them?
- What health care decisions do I want to be made if I am unable to participate in the decision?
- How can I minimize court involvement, tax and stress after I have passed away?
- If my child or grandchild receives public benefits, how can I make sure that a gift at my death will not affect their benefits?
Emily R. Taylor, Esq.
Emily R. Taylor, Attorney PLLC