Question: My father is in a nursing home care and is having some hallucinations. Although I have told the nursing staff about this problem, he still hasn’t been seen by a doctor about this yet. I’m concerned that he is not getting the medical care he needs.

Answer:   The first thing I would suggest you do is speak to the chief of nursing care or the nursing home administrator about your concerns. If that doesn’t resolve the problem, you can ask for a formal meeting between family members and the appropriate nursing home care personnel.

Most states also have a nursing home ombudsman assigned to each nursing home for the purpose of looking into complaints about the care that nursing home residents are receiving. You can contact your state’s Office of Elder Affairs to get contact information for the ombudsman.


Dagmar M. Pollex, Attorney at Law
The Law Offices of Dagmar M. Pollex, P.C.
Braintree, Massachusetts  02184

What to Do if Your Concerned About a Parents Nursing Care was last modified: November 22nd, 2022 by Phil Sanders