A Statement From The Owners of Premier Senior Living During This Coronavirus Outbreak
Our top priority – especially during this pandemic – is the safety, health and wellbeing of our residents and staff. We are continuing to closely monitor the global spread of COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus) and are coordinating with the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and local health departments across the United States to ensure we are taking necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of this virus.
The top management staff of Premier Senior Living has over 200 years of experience caring for seniors, and infection control is part of our everyday operations. While COVID-19 poses a grave concern, cold and flu season is a risk for seniors every year. Premier maintains a rigorous Infection Control and Prevention Program, which is regularly updated to reflect current CDC guidance.
Out of an abundance of caution, we began implementing a number of measures weeks ago to help protect our team members and residents from COVID-19, including:
· The placement of signage at every entrance of every community asking that every visitor helps us protect the health of our residents by postponing their visit if they have a fever, cough or other respiratory symptoms and limiting visitors at each community to only those who need to be there.
· Conducting resident health evaluations, including temperature checks and respiratory assessments multiple times a day.
· Instructing team members to stay home if sick or experiencing virus symptoms, and asking team members to self-quarantine in cases of possible exposure to infectious illness.
· Screening all team members and visitors for possible illness, recent travel to CDC-issued Level 2 and Level 3 countries (China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, and Italy), and potential exposure to the virus.
· Re-educating our team members and monitoring to ensure that community teams are following the standards in our evidence-based Infection Control and Prevention program, such as frequent handwashing, cleaning of high-touch surfaces, and other recommended hygiene measures.
We have instituted a schedule of regular handwashing of all of our residents throughout our communities.All visitors will be asked to wash their hands upon entry to each community.Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at every entrance and throughout each community.We have ordered an adequate supply of perishables to assure meeting our residents’ needs if the supply chain is disrupted.All residents will be assessed daily for symptoms of respiratory infection, and the evaluation and treatment protocols recommended by public health officials and the CDC will be followed.We will not move in any new resident who meets the CDC guidelines for COVID-19. We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 outbreaks and will adjust our precautions as recommended by the CDC.
Our team is working to maintain normalcy for our residents and families despite this situation. We want to thank our residents, families and team members for their understanding, cooperation and words of support in recent days. We are humbled by and appreciative of the trust you place in us every day.
Premier Senior Living, which has 18 Senior Living Communities in 6 U.S. states, is proud to be a Member of the National ElderCare Matters Alliance and to have a Featured Listing for each of our Senior Living Communities on ElderCareMatters.com– America’s National Directory of Elder Care / Senior Care Resources to help families plan for and deal with the issues of Aging.
If you have additional questions about your family’s Elder Care / Senior Care Matters, you can count on ElderCareMatters.com (America’s National Directory of Elder Care / Senior Care Resources) to help you find America’s Top Elder Care / Senior Care Professionals. You can find Local Elder Care / Senior Care Experts by Searching our National Database by City and Service Category. (This Search feature is located on the homepage of ElderCareMatters.com).
The Elder Care / Senior Care Experts who are found on ElderCareMatters.com can provide you with the help you need in a wide range of Elder Care / Senior Care Services, including Elder Law, Estate Planning, Home Care, Assisted Living, Care Management, Daily Money Management, Senior Living, Investment Advisory Services, Tax & Accounting Services, Wills & Trusts, Probate plus many other Elder Care Services.
We look forward to helping you plan for and deal with your family’s Issues of Aging.